Frequently Asked questions about 2-Step Login and Duo Security.
Frequently Asked Questions about 2-Step Login
- What is Duo?
- Why is it being implemented?
- How do I get started with Duo?
- What if I lose my phone or it is stolen?
- What should I do if Duo prompts me to approve a login that I did not initiate?
- I don’t want to use my data plan or pay for text messages to use Duo. What can I do?
- What university applications require 2-Step Login?
- Can I have more than one device registered to use Duo?
- Do I need to use a smartphone or tablet to use Duo?
- I frequently go overseas and don’t want to incur additional cellular charges. What can I do?
Duo is an app used for 2-Step Login for New School employees. To keep our information safe, The New School requires that all employees, including student employees, use 2-Step Login when accessing certain university systems that may contain sensitive and/or Personally Identifiable Information (PII). This second layer of security ensures that even if your password information is compromised, there is an added step to help prevent unauthorized account access.
Information security is a priority for the university and 2-Step Login using Duo Security is one of several steps we have taken to protect the information of our students, faculty, and staff.
Follow the steps found in How to Set Up Duo for 2-Step Login.
Someone may be trying to obtain unauthorized access to your account. Change your NetID password immediately and contact IT Central to report the incident.
The Duo App has the ability to generate a code that you can use to log in. This does not require any Internet or cellular data connection at all. Open the Duo app and tap on the key icon next to “The New School”. Enter the 6-digit code.
Yes. You can enroll additional devices on 2step.newschool.edu.