Screening event support is for screening of documentaries and full length films.
Requires: 14 business day lead time for all DCP, Blu Ray & DVD Screenings of Documentaries and Full Length Films.
- Movie screenings
- Q&A with actors and guests
Please contact Events IT by email email@example.com providing as many details about your event as possible. We will contact you via with next steps.
We cannot guarantee the success of your event for requests made less than two weeks before the event.
- Initial request should be received 2 weeks before the event.
- Delegated Onsite Manager must be present throughout the event.
- Events IT questionnaire will be sent as soon as Event IT receives a signed contract.
- Questionnaire must be filled out and sent to Events IT by Event Owner or the Delegated Onsite Manager.
- Completed Events IT questionnaire must be returned 10 business days before the event.
- The Events IT Service questionnaire will be an addendum to this contract. This is to be signed and returned by Event Owner or the Delegated Onsite Manager and delivered to Events.
- IT five business days prior to the event.
- DVD/Blu Ray content must be tested at the venue minimally one business day prior to the event.
- DCP content must arrive a minimum of two business days prior to the event for ingestion into the DCP system.
- Test encryption key must be valid 24 business hours prior to the event.
- Screening encryption key must be valid four business hours prior to screening.
- All parties must be available to participate in the DCP testing 24 hours prior to the screening.
- The 12th Street Auditorium must be reserved by the Event Coordinator for testing.
- The 12th Street Auditorium must be reserved two hours prior to the screening.
- Additional testing will occur two hours prior to the event.
- Final testing will occur one hour prior to the doors opening.
- All parties must participate in the final testing.
- A rehearsal is required before the event.
- All changes must be finalized 24 hours before the event.
- Copyright content must be cleared by the Event Owner or the Delegated Onsite Manager prior to the event.