The New School offers a virtual private network (VPN) enabling faculty, staff, and other authorized individuals to access internal computer systems from off-campus.
If you are a student overseas needing VPN access please visit our Student VPN page.
The VPN is a limited license product so only those who need the following programs should download the VPN:
- Banner System Access (Admin Pages)
- S-Drives (Network Share Drives)
- Files on your office computer (Only available for Windows users)
All VPN users must complete the New School Information Security Awareness training course prior to receiving access to the VPN.
Although access to the VPN is available to all faculty and staff, you must complete a simple access request form so that the system administrators can enable your access (this is necessary for license management purposes). The form can be completed online by clicking here.
*VPN access requires Duo 2-step login. Please follow these steps to set up a Duo device.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR VPN:
- Windows 10 or higher
- Max OSX v10.12 Sierra or higher
- iOS 9.0.0 or higher
- Android 4.1 or higher
- All VPN users must complete the New School Information Security Awareness training course. Please contact IT Central for training before requesting VPN access.