Frequently asked questions about Zoom.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I join a meeting?
- How do I schedule a meeting?
- How do I set up Google Calendar Integration Service?
- How do I allow someone to schedule meetings on my behalf?
- How do I record a meeting?
- How do I share my screen?
- Can I test my audio and video before connecting to a meeting?
- How do I change my Personal Meeting ID (PMI)?
- Am I restricted to a time limit for my meeting and what is the maximum number of participants?
- Is there a Zoom reference sheet available?
- How can I schedule training?
- How do I prevent people ("Zoombombers") from interfering with your Zoom meetings?
- What is the policy for storing recorded videos on Zoom cloud storage?
- What if I do not download my files before they are officially removed from Zoom cloud storage?
- Are there any guidelines for recording lectures, seminars, and studios?
Go to newschool.zoom.us and log in with your NetID and password.
Once the Zoom Client for Meetings is installed, click the Sign In button.
- Click Sign In with SSO.
- Enter newschool when prompted to for your company domain.
- Enter your NetID and password on the Newschool Login screen.
Zoom offers multiple methods to schedule a meeting. Click the link for more info:
- In your Chrome browser go to newschool.zoom.us.
- Select Sign In.
- Select "Meeting Settings"
- Choose Calendar Integration, and then click Add Calendar Service. The Add a Calendar Service dialog displays.
- Click Add in the Google Calendar section.
- Choose the email address associated with the shared calendar service for your organization.
- Click Allow on the confirmation page that gives Zoom permission to manage the calendars in the dedicated user's account.
- Next you will need to add the Chrome Extension
- Select "Meetings"
- Download the Chrome Extension
- Select the option Add to Chrome
- You will be asked to add "Zoom Scheduler", select add extension
- You will notice a small blue Zoom icon on the right of your address bar, click and sign in with SSO
- Now when you open your Google calendar you should see an option to "Make it a Zoom Meeting"
- If you do not see this icon, log out of Zoom add-on and Zoom app and sign in again. Icon should now appear in your Google calendar
- Go the Meeting Settings section of the web portal.
- In the Schedule Privilege section, click Add to add a user.
- Have the user open the Zoom client.
- Have the user log out and log in again (one time only).
- Have the user click Schedule and select your name in the Schedule for: drop-down menu.
- Note: User must have sharing privileges to your Google calendar
If you’re a host, you can record the meeting.
- Click Record in the meeting toolbar
- Click the arrow on the Record icon to choose to save the recording to the cloud or to your computer.
- Access your cloud recordings from the web portal (newschool.zoom.us) under Recordings.
- After selecting Share Screen located in your meeting toolbar, you can choose to share your desktop, an individual application/window, or start a whiteboard.
- During your screen share, select Annotate to use screen share tools for drawing, pointing, etc.
- Any attendee in your meeting can start annotating on a shared screen. The attendee can access Annotate in the upper meeting toolbar.
Yes, you can test your audio and video to get familiar with the Zoom platform by following these instructions.
This ID is assigned to you automatically as a permanent virtual room. You can start it at any time or schedule it for future use. To change your PMI, go to your Profile on the web portal and click Edit.
There is no time limit to the length of the meeting. A maximum of 300 participants is allowed for meetings.
Contact IT Central to open a Service Request to schedule Zoom training - support.newschool.edu
Follow these guidelines to help prevent zoombombing.
All Zoom meeting recordings will only be available for 30 days after being recorded. If you would like to keep your Zoom meeting recordings you will have to save them to your personal or New School issued device. To do so please follow these steps.
When files are removed from the cloud they are placed in your trash where they will stay for 30 days at which time they will be deleted permanently. To recover your files from the trash before they are permanently deleted please follow these steps.
Please follow these Guidelines for Recording Lectures, Seminars, and Studios.