Below are frequently asked questions regarding the Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- I can't access any newschool.edu websites on Mac. What do I do?
- What do I do if I get a message that says the Fortinet Client failed to install?
- Do students have access to VPN?
I can't access any newschool.edu websites on Mac. What do I do?
If you have the VPN installed and are unable to visit any newschool.edu websites you can fix this issue by following these steps:
- While in your finder menu click on "Go"
- Select "Go to Folder"
- Enter "/etc/resolver/" in the search menu and click "Go"
- You should see "newschool.edu" listed in the folder
- Move the newschool.edu file to your trash to delete it
You will then be able to get to all newschool.edu websites.
What do I do if I get a message that says the Fortinet Client failed to install?
If you receive a message like this, it more than likely means you have an old version of FortiClient installed on your device. Please uninstall the old FortiClient application by opening FortiClientUninstaller from your applications folder.
Do students have access to VPN?
The New School offers a VPN for students. Please visit the student VPN page for more information.