Do you have a project or a service request (IT Central ticket)? We have some tips to help you better identify what your request is and where to submit:
- Temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result.
- Defined timeframes with unique outputs delivered at the end of the timeframe.
- Activity involves planning, execution, testing, and transition to readiness.
- Efforts that have multiple phases.
- Examples: New software implementation, new Tableau report buildout, data integrations between multiple systems, technology install for new conference room.
You can submit a project request via the IT Project Initiation Request Form
IT Service Request (Ticket)
- Request for information, advice, standard change or access to an IT service.
- Unplanned interruption or reduction to the quality of an IT service.
- Effort considered routine maintenance or minor alteration to a system.
- Efforts that have a single activity.
- Examples: Password reset request, minor data field change/update, request for computer peripherals in The New School facility.
You can submit an IT service request (ticket) at support.newschool.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org