Degree or credit-seeking students currently registered and faculty may reserve Arnhold Hall Stations and Suites online at least 6 hours in advance, for up to 6 hours at a time. The Reservation Manual shows you how.
Your reservation may include:
- Audio or Video suites
- i818-Voiceover booth, see FAQ for reservation instructions
Guidelines and Policies
Read carefully for successful station and suite reservations.
Access and Availability
- Who: Access is available to all degree or credit-seeking students who are currently registered and faculty.
- How: Reserved exclusively online via MyNewSchool. Online reservation schedules are current and valid. You are welcome to use available stations and suites on a walk-in basis.
- Required Lead Time: 6 hours.
- Reservation Length: Up to 6 hours.
- Students may have only one reservation or checkout at a time. If you have an outstanding checkout or upcoming reservation, you must complete or cancel the checkout before scheduling another.
- Faculty may have any number of reservation or checkout at a time.
- Notification: You will receive an email with detail of your reservation or checkout.
- You can also view your active reservations and checkouts at any time by logging into the reservation system and selecting "Arnhold Hall 8th Floor" from the checkout centers list
- Modifying Reservations: You may modify your reservation online up to 10 hours in advance of the reservation start time. This is the only way to change your reservation.
- Cancellations: You may delete your reservation online up to 10 hours in advance of the reservation start time. This is the only way to cancel your reservation.
- You should have prior knowledge of the station or suite requested. No training is provided. To assist you, there are Tip Sheets available on-site.
- Check in with the staff at Arnhold Hall, 8th floor reception desk to record the start of your reservation.
- Scanning accessories and remotes are available for check-out via the 8th floor reception desk, at which time an on-site staff will direct you to where you can retrieve the accessories and where you can return them.
- You must return all in-house equipment in person 30 minutes before the lab closes at 6pm. Wait while the staff tests the equipment. This may take up to 30 minutes. After testing, the staff member and you will both initial the contract. You may request a copy for your records.
- Any missing or damaged item is noted and investigated. If investigation determines you are clearly at fault, you will be notified to repair or replace the item(s). Until you do, you will be restricted from making reservations.
Fees and Penalties
- Late equipment return: $20/hour or $100/day fee. Your reservation access will be restricted until all outstanding fines are resolved. Please allow two business days for processing of fine payments.
- Damaged Equipment and Missing items: You are responsible for returning or replacing missing items, and repairing or replacing damaged equipment. Additionally, a damage fee of $50 or more may apply. Upon repairing or replacing the damaged item or paying the damage fee, your access is restored within two business days.
- Payment: Submit payment or replacement parts directly to the Equipment Center. Fees may be paid only via newcard cash.
- Hold: Resolve any fee or missing or damaged item. If you do not, your reservation access is restricted, and a "hold" is placed on your university student account. A "hold" results in the withholding of grades, registration, diploma and transcript. Upon resolution, the hold will be lifted within two business days.